Living from Our Depth: Resilience, Authenticity, Connection
Workshop in Costa Rica
February 27-March 5, 2022
I am excited to partner with Global Journeys to offer a beachfront workshop in Costa Rica from February 27-March 5, 2022. Come join me for a week of rest, recovery, reflection, and personal exploration. Take a break and recharge, while learning new skills for balance and well-being that you can carry back with you into your daily life.
This is the first time I am offering this workshop. We’ll be limited to 90 participants—the capacity of our stunning boutique luxury Santarena Hotel in Guanacasta—which ensures that I can connect with everyone in an unhurried way.
We’ll be right on the beachfront, surrounded by lush greenery and magnificent rooftop views, with a 377-sq. ft. pool at our disposal. Our hotel is a short stroll from the tropical, car-free town of Las Catalinas, with an array of charming plazas, shops, and restaurants. We’ll also be steps away scenic hiking and biking trails, with sweeping ocean views, shaded areas for meditation or yoga, and an array of water sports.
During this workshop, you’ll learn how to:
- Create a felt sense of inner safety and groundedness, so that our minds and bodies can recover from stress, anxiety, trauma, toxic emotions, and addictions
- Use awareness to access inner wisdom and intuition
- Break through unhealthyhabit patterns and replace them with beneficial ones, so that we can manifest our deepest intentions and create the life that we want
- Open our hearts to others with non-reactivity, compassion, presence, and care—without absorbing their dysregulated states and creating imbalances in ourselves
- Deepen our connection with the world around us, so that we can live with open-heartedness and joy
This workshop explores and extends concepts and skills introduced in my book Widen the Window and in the Mindfulness-based Mind Fitness Training (MMFT)® course. We will spend one day reviewing the neurobiology of stress, trauma, and resilience, but most of the week will focus on taking your understanding and embodiment to the next level—with new material and new experiential exercises that will offer “advanced moves.”
We’ve structured the schedule in a way that allows us to integrate the material in our minds, bodies, and hearts—but also leaves plenty of time for just hanging out, making new friends, and having fun. Two days will have sessions in both the morning and afternoon. Two days will only have morning sessions, to allow time to relax on the beach, hike, or participate in a community service project. And one day will be reserved for adventures, such as visiting the rainforest, going river rafting or horseback riding, or taking a boat tour.
This workshop is limited to 90 participants, so register soon! Please see the Global Journeys website for details about schedule, accommodations, and registration process.